All New FHS Series
We didn’t design our forklift with you in mind – we created it with you by our side. The reinvented FHS Series forklift wasn’t born in a conference room or as an engineering doodle. Instead, it all started with YOU:
- The Fleet Managers – who want a stronger, safer, more comfortable and powerful forklift with incredible visibility and maneuverability to efficiently deliver products on and around your customers’ job sites
- The Company – that needs to deliver masonry products through soft sugar sands or up steep hills with ease
- The Operator – who must navigate over spotless driveways, manicured lawns and confined backyards to deliver building materials. The result is a product with new features, innovations, and patents that permits us to say we have truly reinvented the truck-mounted forklift. The new FHS Series forklift combines the highest level of convenience with a very appealing design and purposeful technologies. We stand by our product and back it up with our national service network, which will keep you on the road, working day after day.
LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE OTHERS
LEADER IN STYLE & DESIGN
The exterior has a striking look with its higher ground clearance, lower profile engine hood, powder-coated chassis, and contemporary angular styling.
Inside, there’s increased legroom and a spacious operator cabin. In addition, the patented swivel seat assembly with 25° outward rotation increases access when entering and exiting the machine.
When seated, the panoramic visibility is like nothing you have seen before. The driver always has the best view of the fork tips and the entire working area
SEEING MORE THAN EVER BEFORE
SPACIOUS OPERATOR CABIN
PALFINGER’s panoramic visibility sets a new standard in operator visibility and safety. The fork carriage utilizes Class III fork boards with a wide Class IV opening.
Lift cylinders positioned behind the mast uprights give way to an unprecedented forward field of vision. As a result, seeing the fork tips has never been easier.
RE·ENGINEERED FOR ERGONOMICS
25° OUTWARD SWIVEL FOR EASE OF ENTRY AND EXIT
- Our patented swivel seat assembly significantly increases access when entering and exiting the machine due to the 25° outward rotation.
5° INWARD SEAT POSITION FOR IMPROVED 360° VISIBILITY
- The 5° inward seat position reduces body movement and neck strain when traveling in reverse and increases the operator’s rear-view field of vision.
- The smart design of our integrated, automatically closing side guard always ensures extra protection and safety for the operator while eliminating misuse.
INCREASED POWER AND PERFORMANCE
The PALFINGER FHS 55 is highly stable, fast, rugged and exceptionally agile. It effortlessly travels over rough terrain and curbs, up hills and across all job sites. The all-wheel drive and powerful engine provide the operator with more torque and ground speed, and outstanding performance and handling while navigating all types of terrain.
Additional performance features include brakes on all three wheels for added safety and a pump-mounted differential lock to eliminate the need for large connecting hoses.
FHS Series Variations
PALFINGER TRUCK-MOUNTED FORKLIFT MODELS
PALFINGER FHS 55 STD
This model delivers a truck-mounted forklift with convincing performance and efficiency. Compact enough to be carried on almost any truck or trailer and its strength and power combined with its low weight is impressive.
Designed for applications requiring a lifting capacity of up to 5,500 lbs., count on the FHS 55 for handling all loads, ensuring faster and more efficient deliveries.
- Contemporary angular styling with 45° corners offers a sleek look that matches today’s commercial vehicles
- Integrated side guard with automatic closing functionality
- 3-Point entry and exit with ergonomically arranged steps and grab handles for ease of entry and exit
- Ground-level diesel fuel fill for easy refueling when the forklift is on the ground or mounted on a truck or trailer
PALFINGER FHS 55 4W
Narrow roadways, paths and openings present unique challenges for the delivery of long loads such as lumber. This requires an agile 4-way directional forklift that can travel sideways with the load to reach the designed delivery location.
The 4-way mode selection is as simple as the flip of a switch, and you’re ready to travel sideways to your final delivery point within seconds. For additional safety in standard and 4-way mode, the FHS 55 4W is equipped with independent brakes on all three wheels.
- Spacious, ergonomic operator cabin with ergonomically arranged foot pedals, digital display and easy-reach control levers and switches with armrest
- Radiator panel and robust molded bumpers on rear corners
- Main frame side pods provide additional structural rigidity and a clean overall look
PALFINGER FHS 55 P
The FHS 55 Reach forklift is the picture of precision, efficiency and control. Our patented Reach System extends the forks forward to the centerline of the trailer while the mast remains firmly against the side of the truck/trailer. This allows the operator to lift full-capacity loads at maximum reach while retaining the ability to tilt and side shift at all times – ensuring safe load handling.
In addition, the reduced pallet and truck bed damage risk is a crucial advantage as the operator can lift their load free and clear of the deck.
- Low profile engine hood significantly increases right-hand side visibility
- LED work lights
- Front DOT-compliant street lighting kit
- Class IV carriage opening for increased visibility
PALFINGER FHS 55 4WP
The PALFINGER FHS 55 4WP is the perfect solution for difficult, same-side loading/unloading situations. The reach of the pantograph allows you to lift full-capacity loads from across the truck bed or trailer, while the steering can be switched to the front wheels to allow effortless sideways driving with minimal space requirement.
With the unique PALFINGER Reach System, you can offload from just one side of the truck or trailer, no matter how confined the job site is.
- Main frame design with 45° rear corners minimize turning radius and extends beyond the inset body panels, protecting them from impact
- ROPS and FOPS tested and approved overhead guard
- Rear DOT-compliant street lighting kit
Easy Access Service
The quick-release, tilt-up hood and hinged rear door provide service-friendly access to all engine components and service points. In addition, the hydrostatic pump and integrated differential lock are easily accessible from the front for service and maintenance.
All PALFINGER systems are of the highest industry standards. Electrical connections are IP68-rated. Hydraulic hosing is kept to a minimum, with extensive use of steel hydraulic lines throughout to minimize leaks.
Under the Hood
- Oil filter
- Fuel Filter
- Engine coolant
- Air cleaner and filter
- Radiator fan cowling
- Battery and isolator switch
Behind the Door
- Hydraulic oil filter and filler cap
- Fuses and relays
From the Front
- Pump-mounted differential lock